Ken Xiansheng Hao
Principal Research Fellow, Seismic Hazard Assessment in National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan; Consultant Researcher in CCJ GeoServices, BC., Canada; Senior Researcher, University of British Columbia; and Taisei Corporation, Japan. Education: Ph. D., Tokyo Institute of Technology; M. Sc., China University of Geosciences.
Location: Japan , Tsukuba Organisation: NIED Role: Applied Seismologists Groups:
Websites of interest:
Areas of interest / Expertise:
- Professional: Seismic Hazard and Risk Analysis, Strong-Motion, Active Fault, Natural disaster science,
- Affiliations Related: America Geophysical Union; Seismological Society of Japan; Japanese Society for Active Fault Studies; Seismological Society of America; Vancouver Geotechnical Society.
- Languages: Chinese, Japanese, English.
- Awards: 2009, GRL Editors' Highlight; 2009, AGU's Top 5 Weekly Downloads list; Jun 2009, GRL Cover Selected.
- Lifetime Membership of Chancellor’s Circle of the University of British Columbia, Canada.
- A Japanese-Government Scholarship by Ministry of Education, Science and Culture Japan, from 1987 to 1992;
- An Award by Central Research Institute of Building & Construction, MMI, for Seismic Risk Analysis Project in Beijing 1986.